You own seen their ads and you may own wondered whether they are worth a moment peek. What am I talking approximately? Online banks! Also known as internet banks, these are financial institutions who provide the majority of their banking services over the internet. Typically, online banks offer consumers high savings rates, low loan rates, and a mix of other services. Let's peek at 7 winners in this speedily growing field:
1. E Trade Bank piece of E Trade Financial, the reduction internet stockbroker. E Trade Bank offers checking accounts, money markets, and certificates of deposits as well as a VISA credit card.
2. Netbank Along with offering checking and money market accounts, Netbank provides mortgage and domestic fairness lines of credit to customers. With tie-ins to affiliates Netbank also offers Auto, Homeowners, Condo / Co-op & Renters Insurance and Life, Health, Long Term Care & Dental Insurance.
3. Virtual Bank VirtualBank, a division of Lydian Private Bank, is a federally chartered bank regulated by the Office of Thrift Supervision. The bank offers checking, savings, and credit card services to customers.
4. Ever Bank This main Internet provider of banking services offers the most extensive, and diverse services of any online institution. Ever Bank offers commerce, trade and personal checking accounts, mortgages, domestic fairness loans / lines of credit, reverse mortgages, a VISA credit card, and world currency accounts. This category is for investing in Deposit accounts and CDs nominated in any major world currency.
5. Emigrant Direct piece of Emigrant Savings Bank which traces its roots back to 1850 as a service provider to Irish immigrants. Emigrant has $ 10 billion in assets and more than $ 1 billion in net worth. It operates as a full service bank through 36 branches in the current York metropolitan area, and through EmigrantDirect.com. Emigrant offers only consumer services online; Their high paying savings account is a chief investment vehicle.
6. ING Direct ING is a global financial institution of Dutch origin offering banking, insurance and asset management to over 60 million private, corporate and institutional clients in more than 50 countries. ING offers mortgages, loans / lines of credit, savings accounts, certificates of deposit, and money market mutual funds through another division.
7. MetLife Bank Yes, MetLife. A division of insurance powerhouse Metropolitan Life, MetLife Bank offers savings accounts, certificates of deposit, money market accounts, mortgages, and IRAs to consumers.
whether you are banking exclusively with a "brick and mortar" institution you may be lost out on high paying investment options or competitive loan rates that easily undercut many traditional banking entities. These online banking success stories are only piece of a growing number of savvy providers, some of which are definitely worth a closer peek by you, the consumer.